The Raleigh-Wake County Dental Society (RWCDS) is involved in the community through activities to promote oral health through its professional members and to increase access to dental care of the underserved. The organizations that the RWCDS interfaces with in order to do this are the following:
- RWCDS Community Dental Health Program, Inc (Wake Smiles), which is a collaborative effort of RWCDS members, political and special interest groups to provide dental care to indigent population of Raleigh and Wake County.
- Wake Technical Community College Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene programs – The Raleigh Wake County Dental Society provides scholarships and limited financial assistance to students in the Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene programs.
- The POE Center for Health Education – The MISSION of the Poe Center for Health Education is to educate and empower North Carolina children, youth and their families to make choices that increase positive health behaviors.
- Wake County Human Services Dental Clinic
- The NC State Legislature – We educate our legislators on how policies affect the public and our practices.
The RWCDS also holds monthly General Member meetings in order to build relationships and unity among the professional members.
RWCDS Members who want to Volunteer their services may contact the following organizations: